Re: [ARSCLIST] Seeking suggestions for an EQ device.

I should think a WAVES bundle having several kinds of EQ's should do the
trick.  This way you could do the EQ'ing process all in your session.  In a
ProTools session, you could just change the output of channel 1 from the
Main O/P setting to AUX 1, then on channel 2 set its I/P setting to Aux 1.
(If you are dealing with more than one source track, just group these
tracks, and then have the O/P of this group to an Aux (mono or stereo).)
This makes it possible to record audio from channel 1 to 2 without ever
leaving your computer.  You could then stack as *many* multi-band EQ's as
channel 1 can handle.  By having the EQ's on channel 1, the signal entering
channel 2 would be a new altered version.  This process can be repeated as
many times as you want, and it's all reversable if you don't like the new
EQ'd version.   You remain in the digital domain, and you do not have deal
with A/D converters in this process since it's already converted.
Just another thought.....You don't need to simply use EQ's on channel 1.
You could use other plugins if you want.

Hope this helps.

Colin Schlachta
Assistant Audiovisual Archives Technician
Library, Archives and Documentation Services
100 Laurier Street
Gatineau, Quebec
(819) 776-8466
FAX (819) 776-7055