Re: [ARSCLIST] Prefered format for digital archiving?

It's not really that loaded.  Most organizations are recommending Broadcast
Wave Format (BWF) for a variety of reasons (multiple bit and sample rates,
metadata header, etc.).

Here is the main information page:
http://www.ebu.ch/departments/technical/pmc/pmc_bwf.html

Where I am confused is by your statement about having access to "the whole
thing".  If you are talking about individual files that are created within a
DAW such as ProTools, they can be saved as BWF files and opened most
anywhere.  Did you mean uncompressed?

If you are talking about how to handle the saving of "plug-in" data, that is
a different issue.  The NARAS document handled the plug-in issue by saying
that you should (preferably) save a "dry" file and a "wet (plug-in enabled)"
file.

There are more questions to be answered, and preserving the ability to
revisit them again later is not solely determined by file type.

John Spencer
Bridge Media Solutions
www.bridgemediasolutions.com