From: Steven Smolian <smolians@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Monitor speakers for 78 rpm audio restoration?
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:00:09 -0500

No answer works unless you've first treated the listening area to
substantially remduse unevenesses in how any speakers will sound.  Obvious
example: one speaker facing a full bookcase which absorbs sound, another a
window which reflects it.  Your equipment layout must be aligned to
minimize reflections as well.

Room size matters as well as where you will be sitting and how close to the
speakers.

Getting this resolved should ALWAYS be the first step.  The cost of doing
should be part of the speaker budget for any studio.

Only then should you consider what speakers to buy.

Steve Smolian