Re: [ARSCLIST] Monitor speakers for 78 rpm audio restoration?

This raises interesting questions.

Do we monitor in today's world or yesterday's world?

For example, when playing back the Crosby tapes, we all loved hearing them
on the Ampex 620-type powered loudspeakers from the 50s...and don't like
them on screechy Walkman-type speakers.

There is a richness from the 8-inch "full-range" (for the era) driver.
There is also a beaminess.

Weren't Altec 604s used widely in the 40s and 50s?

For modern speakers, I am partial to the Mackie HR824s as a good compromise
for price/performance, but of course the Magneplanars mentioned would be
great if you had the physical and financial room.

Cheers,

Richard