Re: [ARSCLIST] audio cassettes' hardiness

I hope you're right, but I found it difficult in the summer of the 2002
to find a good consumer cassette deck in New York City. I got one
eventually at Singer, but they had to bring it up from the cellar! Of
course, you can still buy good turntables, but there's a disc jockey and
audiophile market there that doesn't exist for cassettes.

Matthew Barton
American Folklife Center
The Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave., SE
Washington, DC 20540-4610
phone: (202) 707-1733
fax: (202) 707-2076
email: mbarton@xxxxxxx

On 30/01/04, Steven C. Barr wrote:

> What I wonder is, though, how long cassette PLAYERS will continue to
> be easily
> available?

For at least another 50 years, I think. There are so many cassettes
around that there will always be a demand for players.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx