Re: [ARSCLIST] stability of shellac disks

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

> Okay...how do we account for window glass that has become thicker at the
> bottom of the pane than at the top?  Apparently glass 'flows' over time -
> years not weeks - and window panes change shape!

----- this is precisely the old wives' tale that I "hoped" someone would
latch on to. Glass was manufactured differently and mounted with the thicker
end at the bottom for stability. But finding glass thicker at the bottom did
make someone conclude that it was caused by "flow", because everyone "knows"
that glass is a "frozen liquid" and not e.g. crystalline.

Kind regards,

George