Re: [ARSCLIST] Cutting Elvis Recordings

"Thought everyone should know that there is a company that is selling
"clippings" of Elvis 2" master tapes. They are cutting the tapes into
little chunks and selling them with a numbered certificate!"

 the above quote is from this list.
I have read this other places. nowhere have I found it claimed to be a
two inch wide tape.
it is a 2'' piece of qtr inch tape.
the tape is deteriorating the binder has broken down and they were able
to do a final rescue.
 it is no longer playable because of how it was stored by a collector.
kind of like playing a cylinder with a modern stylus and questioning if
a phono preamp is needed.

Dale dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.longrunaudio.com