[ARSCLIST] condemnation of metal parts outside access

I have a photocopy of the order by Warners Brothers issued to RCA to destroy all of the Vitaphone metal parts. I recall that the edict was issued in '38 or '39. This precedes the metal shortages here in the USA caused by Lend Lease, which augered the even greater shortages once we entered the war.

Do copies or originals of record companies' memoranda concerning their actions about their metal (and metal of their clients) survive? The actual reasons WHY, HOW and WHEN parts were disposed of would be interesting to have conclusively documented.

Here, in the US. despite the war, the ASCAP blackout and the Petrillo strike, records continued to be manufactured & how they procured their metal.  i.e. DID the record companies receive some kind of credit (access rights) for metal that was recycled, donated, whatever?

Best,

Shiffy