Re: [ARSCLIST] Record cleaning fluid recommendations?

At 06:58 AM 12/15/2003 -0800, RA Friedman wrote:
We're going to be getting a VPI 16.5 unit to only LP's. I've looked around
and there seems to be enormous difference of opinion on what kind of fluid
to use and the methods. Ideally, we should get a Monks or a LoriCraft
unit, but the money is just not there.  I've considered going for the
simple 25% technical isopropyl alcohol, 75% deionized/distilled water, but
I haven't been able to locate suitable wetting agents. Can you use lab
grade ethylene glycol and if so, how much should you add to the mix?

I've not used it for the purpose, but the wetting agent I rely on is Kodak Photo Flo available at any photography shop which caters to home processing. Dosage is on the bottle; you will want a syringe to supply the small amount used per gallon.

Mike mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/