Re: [ARSCLIST] Video degeneration

Can someone please explain to me how video tape degradation differs from audio
tape degradation? Seems like the only differences would be binders (more a
product of the era in which it was created than anything else) and casing.
Otherwise, there should be very little difference at all.

In other words, isn't magnetic tape just....magnetic tape? Period. Regardless of
the playback medium or material that one can capture over the other? Again,
this is with respect to whether or not they have a cellulose acetate backing,
etc.

Thanks,

Brandon Burke

Brandon Burke
Graduate Research Assistant
Digital Library Services
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX
phone: (512) 495-4439
email: bburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*  "Stand up and face the full force of a dissonance like a man."   *
*                                  -- Charles Ives                  *

http://www.amianet.org/publication/resources/guidelines/videofacts/intro.html.