Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio Editing Software Options

Dan,

Hmmmm.... I guess that was confusing. No, there is not a Visual Quickstart Guide
dealing speficically with PT Free. The point, however, is that at least you've
got *something*.

The book--I'm thumbing through it as I type--is concerned much more with mixing
and editing instructions than items specific to an 'official' version. Very
little about hardware, for example. The point here is that if you're new to
audio editing softare (or if you've got employees who are) then at least with
PT Free you'll have a helpful guide. Hope that makes sense.

As for the OS.9 v. Windows situation, I can't say. I switched over to Mac about
four years ago and haven't looked back. PCs have always been unstable as far as
I've experienced--regardless of the software application. And that whole
'illegal operation' thing. Uugh....

Brandon

Brandon Burke
Graduate Research Assistant
Digital Library Services
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX
phone: (512) 495-4566
email: bburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*  "Stand up and face the full force of a dissonance like a man."   *
*                                  -- Charles Ives                  *