[ARSCLIST] recording of German choir

Greetings all;

This is a shot in the dark, but I am always amazed at the wonderful wisdom
and expertise of people on this list. Here is my sketchy information:

I have a request from a Romanian student here at Illinois concerning
locating a recording he heard on the radio in 1989.  He remembers that it
was an SATB German choir (perhaps Vienna?) singing Christmas carols.  The
two carols he remembers are Stille Nacht and O Tannenbaum.  The rhythmic
gesture of the O Tannenbaum was unique - a sort of two and a half/three
beat combination.

The rest of the recording was sometimes women, sometimes men, sometimes
mixed, but he doesn't happen to recall any other repertoire nor did they
announce the name of the ensemble or conductor. This recording had
particular significance for him, and he would truly like to obtain a copy
of the recording if anyone happens to know  what it might be and what label
we could query.

Since he heard it in 1989, it would have had to have been recorded prior to
then - perhaps even much earlier.  Carols on the radio in Romania at that
time were not common. If you have any information that might help us locate
this recording, we would be extremely grateful.  Thanks.  Esther.

Esther Gillie Music User Services Coordinator and Assistant Professor of Library Administration Music Library, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign 2136 Music Building MC 056 1114 West Nevada Street Urbana, IL 61801 217.244.4072 gillie@xxxxxxxx fax 217.244.9097