Re: [ARSCLIST] Tandberg 6000X Tape Deck

Richard,

Thanks for the stern warning. I probably wasn't too clear in my original
posting about the details behind my question (it was late and I was tired,
plus my home computer tends to have trouble sending e-mails that take more
than a few minutes to compose). I am not planning on using this in any
connection with archival materials that have any significance other than
personal and sentimental. In other words, old reels of myself and other
family members (and my wife's too - the Tandberg was probably what many of
the tapes were recorded on by her late father 30 years ago). I am basically
trying to decide whether to use it or try to sell it (I've seen a price of
$300 on the net) and use the money as a downpayment on a halfway-decent,
non-state-of -the-art deck. Sounds like I'm better off taking the latter
route, even if I end up unloading the deck for $50 at a flea market.

Thanks again,

Peter Hirsch

Head Archivist ("non-techie") for Music and Recorded Sound
Wilson Processing Project
The New York Public Library
phirsch@xxxxxxxx
521 West 43rd Street