Re: [ARSCLIST] Voice of America orchestral recordings

   I'd like to add that I'm not sure that all of the Voice of America
discs at the Library of Congress (and there are a LOT of them, I sorted
every single 16" one of them about ten years ago) are cataloged yet.
There was definitely a plan to do so for all the 16" vinyl, but the
excellent MBRS reference staff should be able to tell you whether or not
VOA has been done yet, and if not, assist you further in finding what
you are looking for.

>>> Bridgetpcarr@xxxxxxx 11/18/03 09:07AM >>>
I am familiar with these and know that there are many many Boston
Symphony Orchestra concerts on these discs.  The Library of Congress has
an extensive Voice of America Collection and in recent years has been
preserving and cataloguing them on their online catalogue.

I would ask that if you have any Boston Symphony Orchestra discs, to
please contact me.  They are of great interest to us here at the Boston
Symphony Orchestra.

Bridget Carr
Boston Symphony Orchestra Archives
Symphony Hall