Re: [ARSCLIST] Lacquer Disc repair

Yes you are correct I did use the wrong terminology. I actually like to use the
term Transcription disc (even though in all cases that term isn't entirely
accutrate however in this case it is) in most cases for that very reason. Some
people know and refer to them as acetates so in order to not seem contrary I
usually succumb to the status quo haha. Thanks for the reply. By the time I had
recieved your reply I had actually used another suggestion by Susan Stinson which
worked quite well. I used a tiny bit of lotion and believe it or not it held up
very well yet was still able to move the piece under the microsope into position.
After the initial transfer I got a little adventurous and started trying to get a
better play and even under conditions of using distillied water to try and clean
out the grooves the peices stayed and only had to be slightly repositioned under
the microscope ( one of them not at all). All of this seemed to be for not as
their were still really bad cracks in the laquer that weren't chipped off (and
were amazingly resiliant) so their grooves weren't able to be matched up. The
places I used the lotion worked it's been a few day and they are still on the
disc, however if I wanted they could be removed. Thanks for your time and thanks
to Susan for the great tip!
John Loy