Re: [ARSCLIST] Looking for sound recordings

----- Original Message -----
From: <ll-dup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I am looking for early  sound recordings of Booker T. Washington and
> Marcus Garvey.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Charles Derden
> Berkeley Language Center
In 1921 or 1922, there was a CEE BEE (or SEE BEE?) 78 label which seems to
have been connected with Garvey's "Back to Africa" movement...and I think
(though I can't remember the details) Garvey may have recorded some of his
speeches on this as well. I have an example of the label, with an audibly
Black jazz band...but nothing by (or written by) Garvey.
Steven C Barr