Re: [ARSCLIST] Jack Johnson

Well, I might as well ask now and get it out of the way.

Jack Johnson fought James J. Jeffries in 1910 and beat him. Jeffries was
quite popular with the sporting public in that era.

Did he ever make any recordings in his prime? I found him in some movie
databases for some films made in the 1930s and 1940s but was there any
recordings of him done in the early decades of the 1900s?

Thanks (again!)

Neal Lavon
Voice of America
Washington, D.C.