From: Alyssa Ryvers [mailto:alyssa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2003 8:17 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] How to find/hire av professionals

One good place to post is on this list; another place to post is in the
industry magazines: mainly because it's a good way to get the word out.
In Canada, we have "Playback" magazine (which is Film oriented), and
also it would be worth mentioning to the Director's Guild (who handles
sound editors), IATSE and NABET. They all have magazines, and they are
glanced through by their members.

I would hesitate to hire someone directly out of school, unless you can
provide a sound engineering mentoring situation for them as well. As
I've mentioned before, there are quite a few excellent engineers out
there who would be interested.

Best,

Alyssa.
Alyssa Ryvers