Re: [ARSCLIST] tape deterioration: cassettes

At 02:24 AM 10/28/2003 -0500, you wrote:
In a message dated 10/28/03 5:02:45 AM, LISTSERV@xxxxxxx writes:

<< One question is does the baking also work on cassette tapes? >>

I don't have any hard information on this.

The deterioration of cassettes is more as Dave says. I would not rule out
baking a cassette, but I'd put it in a new shell first and try it.

The biggest problem I've had has been one or two squealing tapes that did
not respond to baking. I ended up liberally applying Last Factory stuff to
it and finally it worked, but it took a whole afternoon.

Hmmm...talk about losing money on a transfer!

Cheers,

Richard