Re: [ARSCLIST] audio workstation help

David Seubert wrote:

> We'd like to be able to use external signal processing equipment on audio
> that we've digitized. When we make preservation copies of analog source
> material, we capture a flat transfer on our audio workstation. (PC with
> Sound Forge 6.0) If we want to use an external piece of equipment (e.g.
> Cedar, EQ, Packburn etc.) to modify the signal we are unable to do so.
> Unless I am missing something, Sound Forge cannot playback the original
> file and record a new file at the same time.

For years, I have been using a German workstation called TripleDAT, and I do
this regularly via the SPDIF connections from their proprietary audio I/O
Soundcard.  Switched through my Z-SYS router, I can make any number of sets
of routing connections and save them for future recall.

Although CEDAR Cambridge is digital I/O, (either SPDIF or AES/EBU) I use an
A/D - D/A box in addition to the SPDIF routing.  I can go out to CEDAR from
the sub masters on my board (through the A/D-D/A box) and back in via a pair
of pots on the board.  I can also use the router and go directly digital from
a DAT or CDr or other digital source or have TripleDAT play a file, route
it elsewhere and record the result simultaneously.

... Graham Newton

World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records for
consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's new CAMBRIDGE processes.