Re: [ARSCLIST] Optical Groove Digitization

There was one page where there was a wav sample I listened to: if you
hit the "sounds" link on the LHS...I wonder though; it didn't sound all
that impressive (which is congruent with reports I have heard re: laser
readers...): but really I would have liked to hear a comparison with
what someone can do using the same recording with the right stylus and
weight...where is the control group? Every experiment requires a
control group :) Really, a description of the state the recording was
in would have been nice too...

Where taking photographs might come in handy, rather than lasers, is in
piecing together records that are in pieces...I won't claim this as my
idea: a friend of mine who is now working at McGill mentioned it to me
as an idea when we were kicking around the can about preservation
issues...seems a number of people are thinking along those lines...

Alyssa.
Alyssa Ryvers
fundamentallyhuman.com (coming soon...)
Fundamentally Human Productions