Re: [ARSCLIST] Pitching and Equalization of 78s

Mike Richter wrote:

>  Oversimplifying, resampling 48 ksps to 44.1 ksps introduces
> components at the difference 'frequency' of 3.9 ksps and multiples. The
> higher the quality of interpolation (or extrapolation in the other
> direction), the lower the amplitudes of those components.

You´re speaking about aliasing distortion.

The 48 k soundfile needs to be fed through an antialias filter with a
cutoff frequency of approx 20 kHz after being sample rate converted from
48 to 44.1 kHz to avoid aliasing components.

If the filter in the SR converter is done well no such disortion will
occur.

In fact well done SRC is absolutely transparent to my ear.

--
Best,

Goran Finnberg
The Mastering Room AB
Goteborg
Sweden

E-mail: mastering@xxxxxxxxx

Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to
make them all yourself.    -   John Luther