From: "Aaron Z Snyder" <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Shipping 78s

Dear Steve,

I can answer one or two items you raised. I've been a stamps.com user for

long time, and I'm happy to report that you can get shipping and delivery
confirmation for Media Mail, as well as for First Class and Priority Mail.
Non-priority Mail costs 13 cents more for confirmation -- I feel that this
is money well-spent, especially in the case of Media Mail, which can, at
times, have really frustratingly-long deliveries. (I watched a package

which

I shipped to Tiburon, CA, sit in the office across the bay in Richmond,

CA,

for five days before it finally got delivered to its destination. There

was

nothing I could do to speed it along, but at least I knew that it wasn't
lost.) AFAIK you're still going to have to drop packages over 1 lb off at
the post office.

UPS is great for tracking purposes, and they have their own software to
generate the shipping labels (we use it in our business-of course you need
an account number). It costs money to have the items picked up, of course;
however, if you take the pre-labeled packages to the UPS office, you can
usually avoid standing in long lines if you have them pre-labeled.

Hope this helps at least a small amount.

Aaron Z Snyder
Optimark Fiber Optics
14 HEATHWOOD LN
CHESTNUT HILL MA 02467-2685 US
Tel: +1 617 232-6224   Fax +1 617 731-2272
www.optimark-fiber.com