Re: [ARSCLIST] Shipping 78s

Dear Steve,

I can answer one or two items you raised. I've been a stamps.com user for a
long time, and I'm happy to report that you can get shipping and delivery
confirmation for Media Mail, as well as for First Class and Priority Mail.
Non-priority Mail costs 13 cents more for confirmation -- I feel that this
is money well-spent, especially in the case of Media Mail, which can, at
times, have really frustratingly-long deliveries. (I watched a package which
I shipped to Tiburon, CA, sit in the office across the bay in Richmond, CA,
for five days before it finally got delivered to its destination. There was
nothing I could do to speed it along, but at least I knew that it wasn't
lost.) AFAIK you're still going to have to drop packages over 1 lb off at
the post office.

UPS is great for tracking purposes, and they have their own software to
generate the shipping labels (we use it in our business-of course you need
an account number). It costs money to have the items picked up, of course;
however, if you take the pre-labeled packages to the UPS office, you can
usually avoid standing in long lines if you have them pre-labeled.

Hope this helps at least a small amount.

Aaron Z Snyder
Optimark Fiber Optics
14 HEATHWOOD LN
CHESTNUT HILL MA 02467-2685 US
Tel: +1 617 232-6224   Fax +1 617 731-2272
www.optimark-fiber.com