Re: [ARSCLIST] Scanning LP covers

Here is what I can offer.

The cover art is copyright protected and here is a thumbnail:

1.The artist be it photographer or pictorial artist, grants the right
for the label to use the artwork either in perpetutiy or for
a specific term. On the flip-side a label could hire a photographer
to shoot an image and own it entirely without ever going back to
the artist in question for clearance. In either case the image is
owned either by the artist or by the label.

2.Additionally,  the original artist may grant a non-exclusive license
for the rights to the image.
That means of course that the artist is free to strike other deals
for that same image and that there is no grounds to contest
it subsequent re-use.

3. The only two albums you might not have a problem with are:

1. The White Album- The Beatles
2. Smell The Glove-Spinal Tap.

Sincerely,

aa