Re: [ARSCLIST] Scanning LP covers

 We use a Epson Expression 1640XL
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=ye
s&oid=17065

It is 12.2 X 17.2 inches which means it almost gets the whole LP cover, just
misses the edges. It's around $2,700.00 with the Graphic Arts Software
package. It's scans are not bad. Just about what you'd expect from an
inexpensive flatbed scanner. We wish they were better but we couldn't find a
better one that had a big scanning bed.

Since you can't go and try any of the big scanners out anywhere, we
purchased from a company that would allow us to return the scanner if we
didn't like it. We tried a another scanner (can't even remember the name)
but didn't like it, plus it broke while trying it out. So we returned it and
tried, and chose the Epson.

Tom Diamant
Arhoolie Foundation
10341 San Pablo Ave.