[ARSCLIST] Victor Red Seal Sets

My apologies if this is a duplicate message, I hit "reply to sender
earlier rather than "to all."

...I have noticed that often late 1920s Victor Red Seal versions of
works comprised of 2 discs have no "set #."  I have checked in an early
30s Vctor catalogue and discovered that these "sets" are listed as
separate entities.  An example is the Koussevitsky/Boston Daphnis and
Chloe suite no. 2 on Victor 7143/7144.

My question is how were items like these originally packaged?  In an
unnumbered album?  Or were customers given the option of buying just one
disc-for whatever reason?

thanks

D. Sager