Re: [ARSCLIST] Digital audio on video

While it's not nearly as likely as the belowmentioned Sony F1, there was
a competing system manufactured by dbx during a period that I believe
was before the time these recordings were (made so that they -could-
have been made with this other system). It was given model number 500.
While working processors for the 500-type are much harder to find, the
system itself (which employed a modern delta-sigma style conversion) is
sometimes said to be better (VHS vs. Beta redu? <g>). Many companies
made Sony F1 systems. I know that JVC and Sansui were among them, and
possibly Akai. They pop up often and fairly cheap on eBay (which is
where I got mine). I think Mr. Smith speaks for most people when he says
he was glad to see the thing disappear into the defunct media
underworld.

--
A. Soroka; ajs6f@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Robertson Media Center / Clemons Library / the University of Virginia