for that matter. It seemed so odd at first glance I was dumb-founded but
of course I see what you meant now quite clearly. Pay me no mind.

aa
On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 12:50 PM, stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Luis Levinson" <aaron.levinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
You "undistort" signals on a regular basis with your harmonica amp?
Can you explain that little trick to the unitiated, of which I am a
member.
Or are you assuming that restoration might also accidentally include
the
"un-distortion" of intentionally distorted signals (which I do all
the
time with mu harmonica amp!) on the assumption that was also not part
of
the original signal?
Steven C. Barr
No...if you read closely (my poor wording/punctuation), I'm saying
that I
intentionally distort signals coming from my microphone...so that
someone
trying to "restore" tapes on which I played back in 2003 wouldn't know
if
the distortion was due to the recording process or in the signal as
picked
up and recorded (the latter is correct) and thus wouldn't know whether
or
not to correct the distortion!