specializes in SP-15 sales & service! I also custom manufacture a number
of upgrade items for these decks like a Removable Spindle!!! A Must for
78 work! We also custom manufacture bases in any size, finish or
material! You can find me at www.overkillaudioinc.com

 Of course if you want the absolute ultimate in transcription decks then
the Simon York decks are the king, but who has 10K++++ to spend. And in
fact I have yet to find a deck under 10K that can compete with the Sp-15
for 78 rpm transcription work!

 The SP-15 is not by any means an audiophile deck, it was never meant to
be. it is a very good deck, but generally Audiophiles will want
something that is belt drive etc. I recommend the VPI's, Basis, Sota,
Music Hall and many others for that type of thing.

 One thing to keep in mind when purchasing a Used SP-15, is that because
this model uses a Switching Power supply and digitally controlled
circuitry it WILL need to be rebuilt to be reliable. These decks are
approaching 20 years old and often times exhibit quirky problems due to
many factors. I have yet to find one that doesn't need to be rebuilt.

 My rebuild kits will fix many of those problems and I offer a complete
rebuild service, or trade in of any SP-15 working or not towards one of
my rebuilt units!

 I have talked with many people on this list that have these decks so
you should be able to find opinions on these decks other then my heavily
biased opinion hahahahah

 Best of luck, let me know if Overkill audio inc. can be of any service!

 Dave Meyers
 Overkill audio inc.