Re: [ARSCLIST] Curious Audio formats and commemoratives

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Luis Levinson" <aaron.levinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> 1. the "hip-pocket" flexi-discs of the 60's that could be taken to the
> beach!
I bought a large number of these, unopened, as a group...at a flea market
in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. They were apparently a product of Philco during
]the short period when that firm was a subsidiary of Ford Motor Co. Took
them to a local (Toronto) record show, and had no trouble selling them
for several times what I paid! Still don't know what you could play them
on, though.

At the same flea market, I bought a handful of strange discs. These were
plastic, about 3" or so diameter but about the thickness of a normal
disc record, with metalized-paper labels about 1" in diameter. They were
apparently proprietary to some sort of children's toy. I never did find
a way to play them, and have no idea what speed they were supposed to turn!
Look nice on the wall, though...
Steven C. Barr
(also recall seeing old ads for a "Rolmonica" which, from the picture,
looks like it was a sort of "player harmonica." Apparently, you turned
a crank which ran a strip of perforated paper through or in front of
a harmonica while blowing into same...)