Re: [ARSCLIST] Long-term/preservation audio

I assure you there are many many rock bands who wouldn't do it any other way.
Period. Even without a label-supported budget. Some friends of mine
with--between you and me--very little commercial potential recorded onto two
inch tape last week.  I invite you to do some resarch on engineers like Steve
Albini (among others) who have hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in
vintage mics, reels, etc to record--of all things--punk rock in AAA. Say what
you will about the material, but anything he produces sounds amazing. And don't
forget that a lot of mom & pop rock labels still shell out for 180gm vinyl.....

Brandon Burke
Graduate Research Assistant
Digital Library Services
University of Texas at Austin
(512) 495-4566
bburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*  "Stand up and face the full force of a dissonance like a man."   *
*                                  -- Charles Ives                  *