Re: [ARSCLIST] Long-term/preservation audio

Aaron Luis Levinson  wrote:

>  I think it is quite likely that the "analog niche" in pro
> recording will not disappear in the foreseeable future and that this
> cottage industry would easily sustain a small business that was
> dedicated to producing a small batch high quality product.

Emtec, formerly BASF magnetics, here in Europe is at present unable to
deliver any magnetic tape at all.

They had cashflow problems in the beginning of this year and couldn´t
pay their sources of raw material.

No one from a reliable source can tell if they will ever come back
again.

After half a year of zero product no one over here believes they will
come back.

If this is true then we only hace Quantegy left as the sole world wide
producer of magnetic tape.

I wonder for how long??

--
Best,

Goran Finnberg
The Mastering Room AB
Goteborg
Sweden

E-mail: mastering@xxxxxxxxx

Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to
make them all yourself.    -   John Luther