Re: [ARSCLIST] shellac and acidity

I would just like to know what is the significance of this pH level is
in regards to the longevity of the sleeve and the record.  Also what is
"DOF."  I would appreciate not having to go througha chemistry text.

many thanks

D. Sager

On 03/06/03, David S Sager wrote:
> translation anyone?
>
> DS

> I have just received lab results back from Terry Tullos Wayland, who
> is a
> paper conservator.
>
> He says:
>
> "Kurt, your DOF specimen is a moderately acidic pH 4.59."

If you mean that you don't understand pH, try any school chemistry
book,
or web pages such as

http://saltaquarium.about.com/library/weekly/aa061301.htm

Regards