Re: [ARSCLIST] Heavily distorted signal

At 09:02 AM 4/17/2003 -0400, David S Sager wrote:
Diamond Cut has several different forensics filters available in their
millenium and DC5 editions.  I have used neither.

I bought DC5 and am looking forward to trying it. I have attempted to use each of the previous versions for several years, but have never been able to reduce artifacts to an acceptable level for my purposes. That said, if you have some tolerance for added sounds, it does as fine a job of reducing noise as I have heard on a "consumer" product. In other words, if you have a really bad source and must retrieve what's possible from it, DCART may be the answer.

Mike mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/