Re: [ARSCLIST] Heavily distorted signal

At 10:46 PM 4/16/2003 -0700, Paul T. Jackson wrote:
I've lost the original post, but has anyone used audio forensic software?
Here is one outfit and there is at least one other in Europe:
http://www.intdevices.com/

Without hearing a sample, it is difficult to guess at the problems of recovery. I have had the pleasure of recovering quite listenable and even enjoyable material from sources which were considered hopeless using relatively low-cost tools. I have heard recovery by experts which puts my effort to shame.

If the objective is to get intelligible speech and the source is only
routinely bad, simple tools may well be enough.

Mike mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/