Re: [ARSCLIST] CD Burners

At 02:08 PM 3/19/2003 -0500, andy kolovos wrote:
Hi,

Anybody have a recommendation for an internal or external PC CD Burner?  It
will be used with a PC running Windows 2000, must be able to do
disk-at-once, and should have a good track record for burning audio to
Mitsui golds.

Plextor drives are highly regarded by the industry and, FWIW, by me. I consider the Plexwriter 1210s the finest writer yet produced and, wonder of wonders, it is still available. I wish that were true of my other preferred Plexwriter, the 412s which is the last to have used a caddy and which may have had even more discs put through it than my primary 1210s which has itself seen well over a thousand without a complaint.

Reminder to those who might recommend a Yamaha. Though they have made many
fine drives, they are leaving the business at the end of this month. They
are promising to continue warranty support, but their support may well be
limited.

Mike mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/