Re: [ARSCLIST] Archiving to hard drive

Does anyone have any thoughts regarding the pros and cons of the
different data tape formats? AIT, DLT, LTO?

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Bresler [mailto:joel.br@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 05 March 2003 03:19
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Archiving to hard drive

Sue wrote:

>You're likely to have to migrate off the cd's or server at some point
>in the near future...

Thanks for the helpful post. Once the music is on a server (presumably
on a hard disk) why would it necessarily need to be migrated? SCSI
drives have built in error correction, and the data could be mirrored on
another hard disk for security. Isn't this the most likely long-term
data storage solution, bar none?

Best,

Joel

Joel Bresler