Re: [ARSCLIST] Cataloging, Collecting, Copyright, and Conversion

Frank Forman
Premise Checker wrote:

> I shall continue to post articles on copyrights and other subjects
> pertaining to sound recordings that should be of interest to the ARSC
> community generally, even though they may rarely concern audio
> restoration.

Frank...

GIVE IT A REST!

We are all professionals with little extra time on our hands to wade through
the voluminous posts that you think we all need to see, and the current one
is a good example.

You have entirely too much time on your hands and need to get a life other
than constantly posting to the ARSC list.  (Gads, a shrink would have a field
day figuring out what drives you to do this!)

We all know how to use search engines and to locate articles that interest
us... we DON'T need you to post this pap up to two times a day!

YOU  ARE ANNOYING A LOT OF PEOPLE.

> I am sorry if these articles are of so little interest to some that they
> are driven from the list, though I rarely send more than one or two a day.
> But the interests of the wider ARSC community must take priority.

You are apparently acting as a self-appointed educator of the ARSC community,
and offending people as a result.

MOST OF US DON'T NEED OR WANT YOUR ASSISTANCE.

If you want, I suggest you form a mail list tentatively called ARSC-101 and
seek those who find your input and posts useful.

... Graham Newton

World class professional services applied to phonograph and tape
recordings for consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR processes.