[ARSCLIST] Peeling acetate tape

I have run across a couple of tapes in our collection where the wraps near
the center hub are stuck together. as the reel unwinds, the oxide is peeling
off. The majority of the reel is ok, but the problem appears on the last
These are acetate tapes from the early 50's (the most recent one I have run
across is Orradio Irish brand "professional grade" No. 211). Is there any
way to remedy this condition? Any advice would be appreciated.

Matthew Sohn
Audio Preservationist
Louis Armstrong House and Archives
mahatma@xxxxxx