[ARSCLIST] Tape recorders

I want to buy a tape to tape recorder for copying oral history recordings. We've been using domestic recorders (TEACs etc) and one of them has just  broken down. I guess it is because we are giving them so much heavier usage than they would normally get. Ideally we would want something more robust that we could plug into an amp and record tapes and CDs at the same time.

Does anyone have any advice on what to buy?

Tristram
East Midlands Oral History Archive
http://www.le.ac.uk/emoha