[ARSCLIST] CD track marking UPDATE

Folks,

First I'd like to thank all the kind souls who responded to my initial
query regarding my failed efforts to automate at least some of the process
of marking tracks set at 5 minute intervals on ethnographic/oral history CD
listening copies.

Second, on the off chance that some people out there might be interested,
here's where things stand now. After a growing frustration that bordered on
rage I discovered, quite by accident, that such a task actually CAN be
partially automated in CoolEdit 2000--no matter what Syntrillium's support
people told me.  One still needs to set the cue marks manually, but since
all this involves is positioning the cursor and hitting F8, that's not a
big deal at all. It turns out that there is a "batch" function on the "view
cue list" window that will allow one to automatically save all the cue
ranges as individual files?no muss, no fuss.  From there it's into Nero and
onto disk.  The joy I felt is difficult to articulate, and thus far it
works like a dream.

So CoolEdit 2000 has redeemed itself in my eyes.  One more reason why I
love this $69.00 program for the kind of work I do.

Thanks again,

andy
Andy Kolovos
Archivst/Folklorist