Re: [ARSCLIST] 78 production

I do vinyl record mastering and am still able to cut 78 rpm records.  They
can be cut coarse-groove or microgroove.  Additionally, I have a large
collection of early cutting heads and recording amps in original working
condition that can be utilized if you want to replicate the sound of a
certain period or label.  For example, a Grampian head will produce a much
different sounding record than a Westrex 2B head.  I can also put the
eccentric outgroove at the end if desired.  The records can be pressed here
in Los Angeles.  Please email me off the list if this is of interest to
anyone.  It is not a request I hear everyday.

Nicholas Bergh

<< The late John Fahey released a set of microgroove (!) 78s in 1996 (OCLC
 #46740554), so somebody still can master these things. Maybe they did
 master it at the wrong speed and that's why it is microgroove and not
 standard groove. My understanding is that Dean Blackwood of Revenant
 Records put the discs out, though the they came out on the "Perfect" label.