Re: [ARSCLIST] 78 production

At 09:52 AM 2/3/2003 -0600, Kurt Nauck wrote:
If someone can assist this gentleman, please contact him directly. Thanks!

As requested.

From: "Ben White" <benwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <nauck@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Curious Problem

Perhaps you could help with a problem we are attempting to solve. Do you know of any source that still manufactures 78 rpm records? We would be interested in sourcing this to have a record mass produced in this format. Any information or direction you could give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

While I am not aware of any company which does it for individuals, nor any in the U.S., Symposium is still pressing 78s in Britain - at least for Historic Masters Limited. Those are pressed on vinyl, of course, as were the Historic Masters discs pressed by EMI previously.

Mike
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/