From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Farrington, Jim
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 9:45 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] National Recording Registry

I know that a call for nominations was disseminated widely on lists that
include both the ARSClist and (I'm pretty sure) 78-L. Don't forget there's
always next year as well (and the year after and the year after that). There
was a large number of worthy candidates on the first pass, and the decisions
about what to include were difficult. Certainly not everyone who was even in
the room would have chosen those particular 50 that were announced. Indeed,
the panel only acts in an advisory capacity to Dr. Billington, who makes the
final decisions.

Jim