Re: arsclist Diamond Disc Frequency response

I don't know the answer.

I should caution, however, that frequency response measurements,
particularly at the higher end, are often limited by the amount and
frequency patterns of a pressing's surface noise.  Rather than limit the
high end, it is gradually swamped by the inherent noise caused by the
passage of the stylyus through the pressing material.

This is partucularly significant with Edison discs, as they used more or
less noisy pressing materials at different times during their history.

The folks at the Edison site may have pressed sample masters in vinyl, and
these would be useful to obtain best-case measurements.  I don't know if
they have done so.

Steve Smolian

Steven Smolian    301-694-5134
Smolian Sound Studios