Re: arsclist Noise gates

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Brock-Nannestad" <pattac@xxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: arsclist Noise gates

> From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad
>
> Simon Squire asked
> >
> > What was the first commercially available noise gate?
>
> ----- a noise gate is a useful device in many technical areas - in
> which area are you considering the alleged commercial use?
Define "noise gate!" Back when I was KN9JOO, I was using
an old SX-28, probably designed in the early 1940's, that had
(or claimed to have) a "noise limiter." IIRC, these were more
than just treble-cut circuitry. No longer have rx, or any data
on it, so I'm relying on an admittedly failing memory, or
remnants thereof...
...stevenc
-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html