RE: arsclist record archive

John Ross wrote:

>It certainly won't include "every LP ever made", but it seems likely that
>the OCLC database used by library catalogers might have a very large
>proportion of them. It's a common online catalog that includes entries for
>a huge number of books, documents and other items, including phonorecords.

Although it's not the easist way to go, the Library of Congress online
catalog
is a really good backup source for info on LPs. I once produced a memorial
radio
program for Frankie Carle and need the LP data to check against against a
large
collection of Carle LPs (he issued more than 60 of them). I found good data
on
practically every one of these in the LoC database.

David N. Lewis
Assistant Classical Editor
All Media Guide
301 E. Liberty Suite 400