Re: arsclist CD access copies

Hi, Andy,

My clients seem to appreciate my adding track marks at least every ten minutes. I do it manually during the audio-only session transferring the analog tape to two CD Recorders. I use the hand-held IR remote and it puts the track marks in on both copies at the same time.

I don't feel I'm marking "important" points, but rather changes in subject or breaks in the dialog. The recording is continuous, the track marks are just reference points and allow skipping ahead (or going back) with less effort than holding down the button for minutes.

WHEN (and it's infrequent) I bring a project into the computer, I have been dropping LOTs of track marks. I've been doing oral histories and I tend to drop one at each story. I encourage my clients to listen to the draft and write up a description of the track marks and then I drop them into the tray card.

Cheers,

Richard

-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html