Re: arsclist media preservation and access project

Don Cox stated:

> The point of having a disk with a WAV file on it is that it can be read
> with bit-for-bit accuracy, and an audio CD can always be derived from it.
>
> This is not true of a Red Book disk, which is a streaming medium and
> does not claim to return the exact bits that you recorded.

Wow, I must´ve missed something.

As I do loadbacks from Red Book CDRs and doing reguarly bit for bit
verifications I can state that it will do that without no appearent
problem at all.

I´ve done that reguarly since 9 years back and I´ve never seen a disk
that I´ve done that isn´t bit for bit identical with the original
soundfile on my Sonic Solutions hard disk.

--
Best,

Goran Finnberg
The Mastering Room AB
Goteborg
Sweden

E-mail: mastering@xxxxxxxxx

Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to
make them all yourself.    -   John Luther
-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html
from the author of the post.